E-mail: Douglas.Baldwin (at) Colorado.EDU
I usually respond to sous vide and food science related emails in a few weeks, but interesting or complex questions may take me a month or more to find the time to answer. I try to respond to nonlinear wave related emails within a few weeks.
- Ph.D., Applied Mathematics, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, August 2005 to May 2013. Dissertation title: Dispersive shock wave interactions and two-dimensional ocean-wave soliton interactions.
- M.S., Mathematical and Computer Sciences, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, Colorado, August 2003 to May 2004. Thesis title: Symbolic algorithms and software for the Painlevé test and recursion operators for nonlinear partial differential equations.
- B.S., Mathematical and Computer Sciences, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, Colorado, August 1999 to May 2003. Graduated with high scholastic honors and a minor in Economics and Business. GPA: 3.855. GRE general test (2005) scores: math 780 (86% below), verbal 600 (84% below), and writing 5.5 (86% below).
Awards and Honors
- Best Student Paper Award from the Eighth IMACS International Conference on
Nonlinear Evolution Equations and Wave Phenomena: Computation and Theory, March 26, 2013.
- Deanís Graduate Student Research Grant ($7,150) from the University of Colorado at Boulder, 2013–2014.
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate (NDSEG) Fellowship,
sponsored and funded by the DoD and selected by the AFRL/AFOSR, 2006–2009.
Professional Activities and Service
Referee Work for Journals
- Computer Physics Communications (EF 91%)
- International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulations (EF 74%)
- Food Control (EF 85%)
- Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics (EF 93%)
- Journal of Fluid Mechanics (EF 97%)
- Journal of Food Science (EF 90%)
- LWT – Food Science and Technology (EF 85%)
- Meat Science (EF 88%)
- Physica A (EF 95%)
- Physics Letters A (EF 98%)
- Physical Review E (EF 100%)
- Physical Review Letters (EF 100%)
Here, EF is the Eigenfactor.org percentile. I rarely review papers for journals with a EF below 70%.
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
- American Mathematical Society
- The Authors Guild
Boards of Directors
- Vice President, Los Lagos Ranch, Inc., July 2012 to present.
- Director, Los Lagos Ranch, Inc., July 2007 to present.